Salary: Excellent Salary plus Industry Leading Benefits
About: Interstate Hotels & Resorts are delighted to welcome Aloft Birmingham and The Eastside Rooms to its UK portfolio. Aloft Hotels are designed for global travellers who love open spaces, open thinking and open expression, this is where travel creates possibilities. Where style is necessary. Connectivity keeps up with you. Social scenes are vibrant. And the only direction is forward. This is Aloft Hotels.
The Eastside Rooms is a unique environment that combines the innovation of the future with Birmingham’s iconic heritage. Think stylish with a touch of cool. Professional with a touch of fun. We’re all about creating exceptional experiences. Couple attention to detail with a distinctive attitude for creating spectacular memories and you have the perfect combination of skills to enhance any occasion. Traditional. Yet contemporary. This is The Eastside Rooms.
This exciting new development comprising of 195-bed Aloft hotel and 1,200 seater conference venue in the heart of a major regeneration project in Birmingham’s Eastside is due to open in late 2020.
The development forms part of Birmingham’s Big City Plan – a 20-year city centre masterplan which aims to transform the Eastside area into a thriving business, leisure, cultural and learning destination.
The hotel is set to house a 120 seater restaurant ‘Tempo!’, a cocktail bar ‘W xyz’ and a fully equipped gym. Whilst the conference venue will include the ‘Affinity Suite’ spanning more than 880 sqm and accommodating 800 people for banqueting, 1,200 theatre style and 500 cabaret style. Two flexible meeting spaces will also be available, accommodating up to 270 people theatre style, as well as a further 13 meeting rooms and two dedicated executive boardrooms for up to 10.
First stage interviews for this role will take place online via video meeting, with the role expected to commence in Autumn 2020
As Nights Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring that you and your team members deliver a warm welcome and friendly service to all of our guests every shift. It is your job to represent the Hotel Management overnight and to help build and manage a team who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. You will assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department, including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. You will provide leadership and support to all members of the Nights team and enforce the Hotels standards of excellence in all areas supervised.
Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Under the supervision of the Front Office Manager, take responsibility for the management and performance of the department.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Nights department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training, and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and that Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all Front Office systems.
- Ensure guest and brand focused service is delivered at all times and proactively assist the handling and resolving of guest problems or issues as necessary.
- Engage and drive positive communication and teamwork within your department and across other departments.
- Ensure all team members are fully trained in on job skills providing support and development, and to supervise the implementation of Front Office standards and procedures.
- Ensure daily financial reports are accurately actioned and communicated with the Finance department and Hotel Management.
- Assist in the development and achievement of sales targets in line with the annual budget through up-selling, using incentives and promotions and most importantly drive guest loyalty via the recognised brand recognition programme.
- 2+ years experience within a similar role.
- A self-motivated and driven individual
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage a team by coaching, developing and motivating others. Experience of developing teams to their full potential.
- A strong, ambitious individual, looking for a challenge, driven by 100% customer satisfaction.
- Commercially driven to help achieve targets and budgets.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Creative team builder & leader.
- Be a team player with the desire to develop.
- Great organisational, administrative and management skills.
- Experience of working within a branded Hotel is an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com